- About 35 stations have closed due to the tube strike which is due to go on until 6:30 tonight.The worst hit line is the Northern Line.
- And talking of trains, four companies have each submitted £100m bids to supply trains for the East London Line extension. TfL will pick a winner next week.
- On Saturday a mugging was stopped in east London by friends of Jean Charles de Menezes who'd gathered at St Anne's Church to mark his 28th birthday.
- The London Eye wins another prize: it's now the icon of modern England according to a survey. Big Ben comes in as the top landmark.
- Get Back To Work George - discover how much Galloway is costing the taxpayer while he languishes in the BB house.
- The NY Times profiles Trumper of Mayfair: "Trumper also offers discretion. Velvet curtains seal off shaving booths at the shop's back and downstairs. Ian Fleming, James Bond's creator, was one of many "spooks" to rely on this when he worked for Britain's MI5 domestic intelligence network, formerly based in Curzon Street," (subscription needed).
Last Updated 09 January 2006