- The gang of Albanian sex traffickers who forced more than 20 teenage girls to work as prostitutes in London were yesterday given jail sentences ranging from five to eighteen years.
- One of the men accused of murdering John Monckton has told the court he robbed the banker's home to pay off drug debts.
- The British go a bit crazy on their Olympic pool ideas, the Franch take the piss. Expect this kind of thing to happen a lot in the next 6-7 years.
- A handwritten manuscript for Beethoven's Grosse Fuge sold for £1.1 million to an anonymous buyer at Sotheby's yesterday.
- The Churchill Museum in the Cabinet War Rooms has won The Council of Europe's Museum Prize for 2006.
Last Updated 02 December 2005