Photo: a happy bollard on Commercial Road. By psyxjaw in the Londonist Flickr pool.
- Man arrested attempting to enter Buckingham Palace with a knife.
- The West End’s poshest shops attempt to woo Chinese visitors.
- Meanwhile, the Mayor and George Osbourne reassure us that Chinese investment in London’s vital infrastructure is a good thing, not a threat.
- London man jailed for rape and murder.
- NHS leaders in London warn of a potential £4 billion funding gap.
- Theresa May on the human trafficking taking place in London.
- The gradual un-Routemastering of the New Bus For London.
Housing and Built Environment
- How much more expensive is it to live in a London ‘village’?
- First glimpse of new-look Scotland Yard.
- The regeneration of Shepherd’s Bush Market gets the go-ahead, despite local opposition.
- Earl’s Court: the timeline of the proposed redevelopment.
- Resourceful Londoners find novel solutions to the housing crisis.
- Royal Parks raises objections to the Mayor’s ‘Crossrail for cyclists’.
- Stratford to get more high-end residential towers.
- Croydon, too.
- The London River Park idea, if anyone remembers it, is officially consigned to the ‘plans that never happened’ cabinet.
History and Culture
- Jay-Z surprises fans by travelling on the tube to his own O2 gig.
- Portraits of East-End fish shops.
- History of the Machine Gun Corps memorial at Hyde Park Corner, and the man who designed it.
- A short walk along the Old Kent Road.
- How to get your photo taken outside Number 10 without being famous (or trespassing).