Join us to chat about all things related to London transport on our new Facebook group, Londonist Roundel Ramblings — everyone welcome.
Very helpfully, TfL publishes a document titled 'Track closures six months look ahead'. As the name suggests, it lists all the dates for which there are currently planned closures on TfL services in the next six months. The most recent document — published on 31 July 2018 — comes with a little bit of an unwanted surprise. As pointed out by blogger Diamond Geezer, it contains planned closures for a service that hasn't even launched yet.
That's right, Crossrail — or as this document is determined to call it, the Elizabeth line — features with seven(!) closures. Admittedly some of the closures' dates overlap, they're just on different branches so listed individually. And a few are clustered around Christmas, when all public transport gets somewhat sparse. Still, that's a lot of planned works during the service's first two months.
- 23-26 December 2018, Paddington to Heathrow T4
- 23-27 December 2018, Liverpool Street to Shenfield
- 28-31 December 2018, Liverpool Street to Romford
- 30 December 2018, Paddington to Heathrow T4
- 1 January 2019, Liverpool Street to Romford (until 9am)
- 13 January 2019, Stratford to Shenfield
- 27 January 2019, Stratford to Shenfield