The Sleeping Beauty and The Winter's Tale are among five new shows being added to the Royal Opera House's online offerings from New Year's Eve.
They join the shows already available to watch from home, including The Royal Ballet's Giselle, which is there until 2 January 2022, and The Dante Project, available until 19 January 2022.
Shows, by either The Royal Ballet or The Royal Opera, cost £10-£16 each to watch, and are all available on demand, each for 30 days. Here's what's available when:
- The Royal Ballet's The Sleeping Beauty: Available 31 December at 2pm, until 30 January.
- The Royal Opera's Faust. Available 14 January at 6pm, until 13 February.
- The Royal Opera's Nabucco. Available 20 January at 7.30pm, until 19 February.
- The Royal Ballet's The Winter's Tale. Available 28 January at 6pm, until 27 February.
- The Royal Balllet's Marguerite and Armand. Available 4 February at 6pm, until 6 March.
Shakespeare's Globe is another London cultural institution which has recently expanded its online streaming options, adding recordings of shows from its summer 2021 season to its Globe Player.