This is a sponsored article on behalf of Southern Comfort.
Any serious drink-lovers will know that this time of year signals London Cocktail Week, with events and pop-ups taking over the city from 2-8 October, and something to suit every taste.
If you're craving a bit of Louisiana sun this autumn, head to Spitalfields — within an entire village dedicated to masterful mixology popping up for the duration of LCW, you'll find The Southern Quarter, a bar which promises to serve up the spirit of New Orleans right here in London.
This is the ultimate place to sip on a Southern Comfort cocktail and soak up the American vibes — try their signature serve, The Gambit, a light, bittersweet aperitif inspired by the South. The best bit about the cocktails on offer at The Southern Quarter? They're all just £6 — a bargain if ever we saw one.
You'll need some proper grub to soak up the cracking cocktails — luckily, Mother Clucker will be serving up the real deal, aka buttermilk fried chicken like you've never tasted before.
If you can't get to the London Cocktail Week Village at Spitalfields, you'll still be able to sample a New Orleans style cocktail. Enjoy a selected Southern Comfort cocktail at these bars for only £6 when you display your London Cocktail Week Festival Pass:
- Quaglino’s: Tuck into the Southern Quaglino's Fizz in the setting of a sprawling, glamorous cocktail bar and restaurant, with late night live music.
- Kansas Smitty’s: Sample a Cornet & Comfort in intimate, candle-lit setting, accompanied by nightly live jazz music.
- Bobo Social: This modern, shabby-chic restaurant will be serving up Jamaican Fire alongside its delicious burgers.
- Hoxley and Porter: Dude! That's My Jam! is top of the list at this colonial Victorian style neighbourhood bar.
- Stillwater: Wash down delicious Cajun food with a South London Comfort cocktail at this Wandsworth Common cocktail bar.
- Gillray’s Steakhouse & Bar: For a touch of opulence, kick back with A Decent Story in a rather grand room overlooking the Thames.
- Bermondsey Yard Café: Southern Punch is the order of the day at this bar, set in a disused car park with an outdoor live music space.
- Salvador and Amanda Bloomsbury: This tapas and cocktail bar, spread across two floors, offers up a vibrant atmosphere in which to sample the Huracán.
Experience the spirit of New Orleans, the birthplace of the cocktail, and get yourself down to The Southern Quarter this October. You'll need to buy tickets for the London Cocktail Week Village — find out more here.