- The security bill for guarding Lambeth's closed libraries is more than it cost to keep them open.
- A schoolgirl has been seriously injured after being hit by a train at Catford Bridge.
- Chuck in a few quid to help Royal Museums Greenwich keep a famous portrait of Queen Liz I in public hands.
- You can see inside the living rooms of flats in NEO Bankside from Tate Modern's extension.
- 14 candidates are vying to replace Sadiq Khan as Tooting's MP. You can imagine the sheer number of cranks, or see the full list right here.
- After the Jack the Ripper Museum pretended to mark women's history, a museum which is actually doing that is opening at St George's in the East.
- Deserter combines pubs and sport, because physical exertion is thirsty work.
- How to enjoy spring in the countryside without leaving the city.
- £126pw for a flat in Hendon where the toilet's in a kitchen cupboard.
- Diamond Geezer called this 'peak Evening Standard' on Twitter. He's not wrong.
London News Roundup: Pony Up For Good Queen Bess
Last Updated 23 May 2016