Over 170 little London charities and community groups could benefit from doubled donations if you give them £5 tomorrow.
Localgiving has pledged to double 1,000 £5 donations to small and micro charities made on 1 December — #GivingTuesday.
You can make as many £5 donations as you like, to the charities of your choice. At the end of the 24 hour period all donations will be put into a draw and 1,000 selected to be doubled.
So, who will you support? Smaller charities and community groups rarely get much London-wide publicity so we had a flick through the list and picked out some groups we'd not heard of before.
- Urban Voice UK uses music and other creative mediums to help young people from disadvantaged backgrounds to engage with education, entrepreneurship and personal development
- Yorda Adventures works with children with severe learning disabilities in Kingston and the surrounding area
- JAN Trust in Haringey supports women within marginalised and hard-to-reach communities — including refugees and asylum seekers — to overcome barriers to inclusion
- Mental Fight Club runs The Dragon Café in SE1, the UK's first mental health and creative café, which pops up every Monday from 12pm-8.30pm including bank holidays
- Free Cakes For Kids provides free birthday cakes to disadvantaged Hackney children
- Camden Town Shed is a community workspace for older people which particularly helps older men keep active, connected, learning and contributing to society
There are many, many more deserving groups that need your support. Browse all the charities taking part in #GiveMe5 for #GivingTuesday and be ready to make a difference with your £5 on 1 December at givingtuesday.localgiving.com.