The Weekend post is brought to you in partnership with Holiday Extras
- Count the birds in your yard or park for an hour for the Big Garden Birdwatch.
- Walk London's Walk Out to Winter weekend offers free led walks all over town.
- Visit the Southbank Centre's Festival for the Living all about Death (free and ££ activities).
- Watch the new Muppet movie and more at the London Comedy Film Festival at BFI.
- The Telegraph Adventure Travel Show is at Olympia (£8).
- Like street art? Tour the Stik Map.
- Hungry? Here's where to find London's best Japanese food.
- The Fabelist Imprint Festival sounds artily intriguing, with a daytime, kid-friendly launch event at the Serpentine Centre for Possible Studies, Gloucester Place, W1 from midday till 8.30pm (free).
- It's the last weekend of Mime London - try Sugar Beast Circus at Jackson's Lane, 8pm (£14.95).
- It's Last Friday for the South London Art Map. Take an art tour, visit new galleries and enjoy the after parties from 6-8pm and beyond (free/pay what you can).
- Help cook and eat a Burns Night lunch in Myatts Field Park from 10.30am-1pm (free).
- The Swedenborg Birthday Lecture is about Swedenborg's philosophy and love, followed by music and refreshments. At the Swedenborg Society building in Bloomsbury from 4.30pm (free but limited capacity).
- Show London Fields Lido some love at its annual arty evening event from 7-9pm (£15).
- Fabricio Brachetta conducts the London Arte Chamber Orchestra in two clarinet concertos at St Gabriel’s Church, Pimlico to raise funds for The Stroke Association, 7pm (tickets £13.25)
- Go dancing at Scared To Dance at Kings Cross Social Club, 9pm-2am (£3/5).
- There's an Electronic Late at Barbican till 10pm (free).
- There's live music, Djing and tasty food at Tooting Market with Nights at the Market from 8.45pm (£3 adv, £5 on door).
- The King's Army Annual Whitehall Parade marches from St James' Palace to Whitehall from 11am, commemorating the execution of King Charles 1.
- The Snapshots Festival celebrates East London Jewish Culture: Bagels, Bar Mitzvah and Babkas at Rich Mix from midday till midnight (free).
- Welcome the Year of the Dragon in Trafalgar Square and Chinatown, with Chinese New Year celebrations from midday (free).
- Anita's Vintage Fair is in Notting Hill from 11am-5pm (£2/1 entry).
- Explore the new home of the Wiener Library on Russell Square from 12-4pm (free).
- See cinema through a psychoanalytic lens as the ICA's Screening Conditions season starts with a screening of Ossessione and discussion from 10.30am-1pm (£19.95 or pay for a whole series)
Other good stuff:
- Free things to do in London
- Theatre, dance, opera, classical music and exhibitions
- Literary things
- Museums and Galleries
- Sci/tech/nerd stuff
- Things to do for a fiver or less
- Stand up and sketch comedy
- Gigs to go to
- Cabaret, parties and alt-performance