The Weekend post is brought to you in partnership with Holiday Extras
- Canary Wharf Ice Sculpting Festival is on Friday and Saturday (free).
- The London A Cappella Festival is at Kings Place, N1 with free foyer events and a whole load of concerts (from £9.50).
- Watch new dance for the new year at The Place with Resolution! (£14).
- Buy a boat or try watersports at the London Boat Show at ExCel (£16 adv, £20 on the door).
- Watch Dickensian films at the BFI, see the Dickens Exhibition at Museum of London.
- The London Bike Show is also at ExCel (£16).
- London International Mimefest is underway - see something a bit different!
- Gagosian Gallery hosts Damien Hirst's spot paintings (free).
- It's the last weekend of the London Short Film Festival, with a closing party at the ICA and a gig at the Lexington on Sunday.
- How about a movie in a groovy picturehouse?
- Inspired by the photo, why not seek out jellied eels this weekend? Read about Stephskimo's visit to Nathan's.
- Imperial War Museums' Film Festival screens competition entries throughout the day (free entry).
- It's the Sex Appeal comedy fundraiser — in aid of Brook — with a great line up appearing at the Bloomsbury Theatre from 7.30pm (£25)
- Docklands Cinema Club screen Great Expectations with speakers at Museum of London Docklands, 7pm (£7)
- Time Out host a club night on ice at Skate at Somerset House (£17)
- Me and Mrs Jones - that's Sophie Ellis-Bextor and Ben Bridgewater - DJ at Paradise by Way of Kensal Green, W10 from 8pm till late (free entry).
- Can you sit through a Friday The 13th Marathon at the Prince Charles Cinema? From 6.45pm-1.45am (£25/20).
- And it's the launch of the Late Set at Cafe de Paris, courtesy of La Reve from 10pm (£10)
- Join the drawing fun with Nobrow at This Is Not A Pop-Up on the Southbank, open 12-6pm (free entry).
- The Dandy Lion art and craft market is at Highgate's Boogaloo from 12-6pm (free entry).
- Take a 'pay what you want' walk with Bowl of Chalk, either meeting at 10.30am in Trafalgar Square or 2.30pm at St Paul's.
- Find out about medicinal uses of common weeds at Stepney City Farm between 11am-12 (£5)
- Cyclists! Get your picture taken by the London Cycling Campaign in SE1 between 1-4pm.
- Take the London Gin Craze Walk, meeting 2.45pm (£15).
- Do some drawing at the National Army Museum, Chelsea from 11am (£1 donation).
- Whirlygig Cinema combines film and live music at Rich Mix for 'Making Tracks' - and they've got a 16mm projector to celebrate London Short Film Festival (£6).
- Shop at the London Fashion Vintage Fair at Hammersmith Town Hall (£5 entry).
- Watch top young athletes in action at the South East of England Championships at Lea Valley Athletics Centre, N9 (free).
- The Brunel Museum open up the 'great escape' underground tunnel at midday (£5 includes admission to the museum)
- Book for a place on a behind the scenes tour of the beautiful Phoenix Cinema in East Finchley (free).
Other good stuff:
- Free things to do in London
- Things to do for a fiver or less
- Museums and Galleries
- All the big shows opening and closing
- Stand up and sketch comedy
- Gigs to go to
- Books and spoken word
- Sci/tech/nerd stuff
- Cabaret, parties and alt-performance