Assuming you still have some cash left in your bank account after your Olympics application, why not grab tickets to one of the gigs going on sale this week. Tickets to all these events should be available from 9am or 10am on Friday morning.
- Californian nu-metal bunch Incubus have been on a long hiatus, but this week they announced their first UK gig since 2008. And it's happening soon - 14 June, at the HMV Forum. Tickets available here.
- When we spoke to synth-pop-electronica hero Gary Numan back in 2009 he told us that he sees touring as "one huge party". That alone seems a good enough reason to see him at the Shepherd's Bush Empire on 17 September.
- If you missed Death From Above 1979's recent apocalyptic appearances at the HMV Forum, you really should check them out at Brixton Academy on 7 October. Your ears will bleed and you'll wake up with strange bruises the next day. Tickets here.
- Brazilian dance-rockers CSS have a song about DFA1979 (and a slightly-bonkers front lady called Lovefoxxx), so it's somewhat appropriate that they've decided to play at XOYO on 23 August. Grab tickets here.
- With a name like that, Emmy the Great has set herself up for a fall. Yet the poetic, tuneful singer has built quite a reputation, with an edge to her songs that set her apart from many other singer-songwriters. She plays Cecil Sharp House on 17 September.