It's that time of year when bands start announcing festival warm-up dates and autumn tours. Here's our pick of the gigs on sale this week. All these tickets should be available from around 9am on Friday:
- If you missed NME darlings The Vaccines earlier in the year, you'll be pleased to hear that the retro-indie foursome will play the HMV Forum on 23 August. Tickets from here.
- Life goes on for catchy, whimsical indie-folkers Noah and the Whale — and with three albums behind them, they've built a strong fanbase. You can tell, because their 26 October gig will be at the cavernous Brixton Academy. Get tickets here.
- Also at Brixton Academy are everyone's favourite dance-carnival-rockers, Friendly Fires. Their energetic live show should easily fill the 5,000-person venue with summery goodness, even if it is scheduled for 25 November. Tickets available here.
- Indie survivors Athlete always had a delicate edge, so it'll be interested to see how they sound when they come to the stunning Union Chapel on 20 July as part of their 'stripped back' tour. Get tickets to see them at the Islington venue.
- It's been more than one week since this lot were in London: Canadian alt-rockers Barenaked Ladies hit Koko on 27 June. They are - admittedly - playing Hard Rock Calling the day before, but this gig is a good chance to see them in a smaller venue. Tickets from here.