Following on from the Fancyapint awards last month, the regular crew got together to discuss their top ten pubs for November. Unfortunately, one was in Leicester so here, for you London sorts, are nine that they rate as top notch. All we have to add is, blimey - the King of Denmark really is looking good lately.
Formerly scary: now rather alluring
- The Seven Stars (Holborn)
It's a tiny, idiosyncratic classic.
- The Marksman (Shoreditch)
A much-needed update brings this pub back to life.
- The Pipeline (ex-The Old Monk) (Bishopsgate)
A fine alternative to the bars around here. Anyone for pinball?
- Slim Jims Liquor Store (Islington)
Easy to miss, it's well worth keeping a lookout for.
- King of Denmark (Islington)
Another revamped local, with new inspiration.
- The Ship & Shovell (Strand)
London's only gestalt pub.
- Wilmington Arms (Clerkenwell)
Beer,live music and comedy - an unbeatable combination
- Dover Castle (Regent's Park)
Seek this pub out, it's a haven.
- Princess Louise (Holborn)
Victorian high-style and cheap beer. Say no more.
For more pub recommendations visit www.fancyapint.com
Last Updated 18 November 2009