If you rent in London, you're kind of screwed right now. So the people who are running to be Mayor of London should be working on ways to help you.
Sadly, the mayor's hands are tied on a lot of the issues, but there are things he or she could do. Representatives of the five major parties got together last week at Conway Hall to debate rent control, longer tenancies, building more homes and the Housing Bill.
The people you're watching are (from left to right):
- David Kurten, Assembly candidate for UKIP
- Joy Morrissey, Assembly candidate for the Conservatives
- Zack Polanski, Assembly candidate for the Liberal Democrats
- Jim Waterson, Political Editor at Buzzfeed, chairing
- Sian Berry, mayoral and Assembly candidate for the Greens
- Tom Copley, current Assembly Member and candidate for Labour