Every month, we ask readers to vote for their favourite pubs in a particular part of town, then we follow up with a pub crawl round the winning venues. The results are enshrined in our ever-growing Best Pubs In London microsite.
Believe it or not, after three years of this, we've never had a poll for Borough and Southwark, which is undoubtedly one of the best areas in town for a pub crawl. We need you to tell us your favourite pubs in the area.
Here’s how to play:
- Let us know (in the comments below, on Facebook, or by tweeting #BestSouthwarkPub) your favourite pubs in the area.
- We’ll tally up the votes on Monday and publish the results.
- We’ll then arrange a pub crawl around the most popular choices. You’re welcome to join us.
- You can nominate anywhere that might generally be considered reasonable on a Borough/Southwark pub crawl. We’re not going to define a boundary — just use common sense. (Though, note that we're not casting the net as wide as the whole Borough of Southwark, just the historic areas close to the river.
- By ‘pubs’, we’re using a shorthand — you can also vote for bars with some kind of pubbish character.
- You can nominate more than one place. All nominations count as one vote, whether you rank them or not. Likes on Facebook and retweets of someone else’s vote are also counted as new votes.
- Venues should be open to the public with no pre-booking, entry fee or membership required.
So, where shall we go?
Londonist Pub Crawls
A list of previous areas and themes that we’ve put to public vote.
- A = Angel
- B = Brixton
- C = Chelsea, City of London
- D = Dalston, Dulwich
- E = Ealing, Euston
- F = Farringdon and Clerkenwell
- G = Greenwich
- H = Hampstead and Highgate
- I = Isle of Dogs
- J = St James’s
- K = Kennington, Kentish Town, Kilburn
- L = Limehouse, Little Venice
- M = Maida Vale, Marylebone, Mayfair
- N = Notting Hill
- O = Old Street
- P = Peckham and Camberwell
- Q = Queen’s Park
- R = Richmond
- S = Soho, Stoke Newington
- T = Thames
- U = Unusual pubs
- V = Victoria (including Pimlico), Victoria Park
- W = Walthamstow, Wandsworth, Wapping
- X = X-Rail (Crossrail)
- Y = Ye Olde pubs
- Z = Zone 1 pubs