This is a sponsored article on behalf of Canary Wharf Arts+Events.
Spiegeltent Lands At Canary Wharf
A huge, colourful tent will appear between the futuristic and shiny buildings of E14, as Canary Wharf’s very own Spiegeltent pops up for 10 days of fun. You’ll find it at Wood Wharf with entertainment for all, and of course — a bar made from a shipping container.
There are more than 20 events to choose from, including aerial circus performances, poetry, comedy for kids and craft workshops. Our picks from the programme are:
- John Sinclair & The Founder Effect: Fresh from his acclaimed appearance at the Sun Ra Arkestra’s sold out concert at Barbican, the Sinclair performs music and poetry from his new CD ‘Mohawk’ on Wednesday 17 September, 6.30pm
- Aircraft Circus: See a cast of eight intrepid acrobats floating in the air right above your heads on Thursday 18 September, 7pm
- Silent Disco: Wear wireless headphones and get dancing, while flipping between two channels of groovy music on Friday 19 September, 7pm
- Family Rave: Yes, family rave is now a thing in London. Why not try it? There will be music, craft games for children and a multi sensory dance floor for the parents on Saturday 20 September, 2pm
- Lunchtime Literary sessions: A series of talks dedicated to literature and poetry with authors, journalists and emerging talents, happening on various days
All events are under £15 and some are free. Take a look at the full programme on the Canary Wharf website and get tickets now. And while you're there, take a stroll around and explore Canary Wharf, home to more than 300 shops, bars and restaurants and over 65 works of public art.
For more events and news about Canary Wharf, follow @yourcanarywharf on Twitter.
Spiegeltent at Canary Wharf takes place from 11-21 September at Wood Wharf, just a few minutes from the DLR stations of Heron Quays and Canary Wharf as well as Canary Wharf tube station (Jubilee Line). Tickets vary from £5 to £14 and can to be prebooked on the website. Images provided by Canary Wharf Arts+Events.
Last Updated 05 September 2014