Snoozy afternoons in the park, taking a dip in your local lido, trying to not faint on the Tube: how do you see London in summertime?
Most weekends we run a reader-contributed short story set in London. Our London Razed theme has now come to a definitive end. We've witnessed West End plagues, collapsing bridges, and digital wipeouts. Your entries have been devastatingly good (literally), and we reckon we've put London through the mill quite enough. Thanks to all who entered.
Now, we're looking for your short stories based on the theme of 'Summertime'. You can interpret this in any way you like, as long, of course, as summertime is a recognizable component of your story.
Here are the rules:
1) Stories must be no more than 1,000 words.
2) Stories must be set in London, or heavily influenced by the city in some way.
3) We don’t just want an interesting scenario — the piece also has to be well written, with believable characters.
4) Send entries to email@example.com
5) You get to keep full copyright.
6) We’ll run the theme over the next few weeks, so get your story in ASAP for consideration.
We look forward to reading your depictions of London in the summertime!