- A fire broke out in Cavendish Square yesterday afternoon. It took 30 firefighters to tackle the blaze.
- The Dorchester has fallen victim to its second smash and grab incident in a month.
- Transport for London workers are among scores of public sector workers on strike today.
- Coming soon to London: the electric ‘Boris car’. But how is it faring in Paris?
- More Boris news. He’s been beaten by his deputy Kit Malthouse, in the race to secure a Parliamentary seat.
- More car news. If you drive in/out of west London a lot, be aware that the Hogarth flyover is due to close for six weeks.
- Want to see how Lewisham and Greenwich have evolved since 1919? 75,000 images of the boroughs through the years have just become available online.
- Shoreditch might be getting an organic skyscraper. How very Shoreditch.
- The latest actor to don the deerstalker and become Sherlock Holmes is Ian McKellen. Although in this picture he’s in a trilby.
- Cheery news to end on. Plans to turn a section of Smithfield Market into offices have been scuppered. Go common sense!
Books & Poetry
© 2015 Londonist.
- Food & Drink
- Theatre & Arts
- Things To Do