- Black cab drivers are planning a gridlock demo to protest against app Uber.
- 16 months each for men who attacked bus passenger for asking them to quieten down.
- A man has fallen 25ft onto metal railings in an attempt to evade police.
- Barclays job cuts include around 7,000 in London.
- The Mayor and TfL ask architects to design a replacement town on the site of Heathrow.
- Britain’s ‘narrowest house‘, in Leyton, is to be torn down.
- The Tower of London’s moat will be filled with 888,246 ceramic poppies on 5 August to mark the start of WWI.
- CAMRA asks Boris Johnson to protect London’s pubs.
- We welcomed the highest ever number of tourists last year: 16.8m of them.
Photo by Pablo Mendoza from the Londonist Flickr pool