This is a sponsored article on behalf of Jaguar.
Can fear push you to be better?
To celebrate the launch of their new F-TYPE Coupé, Jaguar is asking Londoners to share their examples of fearless living over the next three weeks for the chance to win some pretty incredible prizes. Whether it’s fast and furious activities that have scared you, or fearless artists and icons that inspire you, they want to know how you demonstrate a #LiveFearless attitude.
We live in a city that welcomes challenges. London is full of amazing experiences, people and culture – harness your fears and you can achieve extraordinary things. If you’re looking for inspiration, we’re kicking off week one with these top tips for a #LiveFearless day in London (check back in the coming weeks for even more ideas):
1. If you’re a closet rapper, singer, dancer, comedian or spoken word artist, bite the bullet and try out your budding performance material in front of a like-minded crowd at Allsortz in Bethnal Green’s Richmix tonight (12 May). Everyone is there to try out or enjoy new talent and although the main slots get booked up, you can just turn up and do your thing as a WildCard performer.
2. If a solo performance sounds a bit too daunting, what finer (or more bizarre) way to conquer your fear of singing in public than doing it to the backing of a live ukulele band. KaraUke is totally free and back this Thursday 15 May
3. You don’t have to get up on a stage to experience fearless living. Simply admire the fearless fashion of Jean Paul Gaultier at Barbican’s current exhibition. Could you design a conical bra or even dare to wear one?
4. Don a mask and enter the world of Punchdrunk’s The Drowned Man at Temple Studios. Find out what’s behind closed doors, linger in the creepy basement, lose your friends, find your own way. And if a hand is extended to you, by all means, take it …
What does #LiveFearless mean to you? Join Jaguar’s celebration of the extraordinary for your chance to win:
- Week-long hire of a Jaguar F-TYPE (with petrol)
- Two night stay at a luxury London hotel, plus two nights reasonable food and drink expenses
- Sony QX100 Smart Lens digital camera
- Half day helicopter flying lesson for two
For full details on the competition and how to enter, visit livefearless.co.uk. Or for a taste of fearless ambition, watch what goes on behind the eyes of José Mourinho in this exclusive video:
The competition will end at 23:59pm GMT on 4 June 2014, with the winner selected the week after. For full terms and conditions, entry requirements and prize details, view the terms and Conditions here. Usual Londonist policy applies. Please note this competition is not exclusive to Londonist.