This is a sponsored article on behalf of Jaguar.
We’re back again to bring you yet another week-full of ideas to help you #LiveFearless in London. Whether you’re up for trying something new, or are a dab-hand at facing your fears, share an example of your #LiveFearless attitude with Jaguar for the chance to incredible prizes (more details below). So, what’s on the agenda this week?
1. Kick things off on Tuesday at Conway Hall with Do Improvise – a self-development workshop by Robert Poynton, who will help you learn how to deal with the unplanned and unexpected and to improve your natural ability to act with courage and conviction no matter what life throws at you.
2. Get nervous before a flight? Make flying fun at Gorilla Circus Flying Trapeze School. Located in the beautiful Regent’s Park, anyone is welcome to take to the skies in a two-hour drop-in class led by expert tutors. Start off small on the low bar, before perfecting your technique and steeling yourself for the final solo ‘jump’ on the Flying Trapeze.
3. For a showcase of fearless temperament, make sure you catch Kevin Spacey’s performance in Clarence Darrow at The Old Vic which opens on Wednesday. In this show, Spacey returns to the role of the pioneering, fierce American lawyer who became a civil rights hero after his pivotal roles in some of America’s most infamous cases, including the ‘Thrill Killers’ trial.
4. Take a history lesson in fearless attitudes with Ghouls’ Night Out on Sunday, as they present an evening of comedy, film, live music and talks; all on the subject of 1980’s technophobia. Computers, phones, tablets – we’re so used to them now but as computers became ubiquitous in the 80s, a fear arose that technology was developing too fast and computers might become too powerful. How did this fear manifest itself, and how did we overcome it?
5. Or how about feeding lions or swimming with sharks? If getting up close and personal with some of nature’s most fearsome animals is more your ticket, then you’ll be pleased to hear you can do both, right here in London. ZSL London Zoo offers the chance for fearless visitors to visit the lion enclosure with an expert keeper and learn about the inhabitants while feeding them through the bars (tongs provided, thankfully), while at SEA LIFE London Aquarium you can spend 15 minutes with over 15 magnificent sharks, including two impressive 2.7m long Sand Tiger Sharks, eight sleek Black Tip Reef Sharks and two Brown Sharks. Yikes.
What does #LiveFearless mean to you? Join Jaguar’s celebration of the extraordinary for your chance to win:
- Week-long loan of a Jaguar F-TYPE
- Two night stay at a luxury London hotel
- Sony QX100 Smart Lens digital camera
- Half day helicopter flying lesson for two
The competition will end at 23:59 on 4 June 2014, with the winner selected the week after. For full terms and conditions, entry requirements and prize details, view the terms and Conditions here. Usual Londonist policy applies. Please note this competition is not exclusive to Londonist.