Your Sunday morning best-of-Londonist weekly round-up.
- Breaking news across the city (kind of): our shop went live! Londonist t-shirts, hoodies, tote bags and Oyster Card holders now available...
- Website London Mapper allows you to visualise the city via maps that draw on publicly available datasets
- It emerged that two tubes collided on the District Line earlier this month
- Comedian and broadcaster Tony Hancock receives an English Heritage blue plaque
- What do you think of these plans for a 22-mile ring-road beneath London?
- A new report reveals than 16 cities around the UK are tired of London
- A cyclist died in a collision on Tuesday afternoon at Elephant and Castle
- Join a campaign to help save The Antwerp Arms pub in Tottenham
- The colourful history of London's Adelphi district
- Early riser? Here are some ideas on how to spend those hours before breakfast in London
- Five weird facts you probably didn't know about London, including how many ways there are in/out of the Barbican
- A quick guide to Build to Rent
- Feel floral? Here is where you can eat flowers in London (yes, really), or try tip top tapas at one of London's best Spanish restaurants
- We crowdsourced some London's Worst Landlord stories. Oh boy, you didn't disappoint
- Recalling some great London bands that slipped through the net in the 1990s
- Lovely photos of London's graveyards in this week's Friday Photos
- You helped us make some beautiful, personalised maps at the Museum of London Late this week
Best pubs in London
We’re building a microsite of the best pubs in London (mostly as voted for by Londonist readers). We still have a few areas to explore, but do take a look through the guide so far, and let us know about any scandalous omissions. This week’s new additions include: BrewDog, Well & Bucket and Two Brewers in Shoreditch, and London Apprentice, Magpie & Crown and The Weir in Isleworth and Brentford. Keep your suggestions coming!
- Vegetarian review: Cocodelic restaurant in Kilburn
- Steampunk photography by Gary Nicholls at Arch Collective
- Liza Minnelli biopic at Landor Theatre is "simply fantastic"
- What are you waiting for? Waiting For Godot at Arcola Theatre impressed us
- Murder and minimalism from the Royal Ballet, with this Royal Opera House triple bill
- The Pajama Game at Shaftesbury Theatre is, mostly, an extraordinary show
Things to do
- Now on: family fun, food and fitness at Hither Green Festival
- Enjoy horticultural happenings with Chelsea Fringe
- Fan of the supernatural or strange? Check out these upcoming folkloric events around the capital
- Big local festival Clerkenwell Design Week opens this week
- Stoke Newington Literary Festival takes place in June
- Join a National Trust road trip on board a Routemaster Bus this summer
- Or watch an open-air film at the lovely Somerset House, tickets to their popular summer film season are on sale. There's a floating cinema in June, too
- Our top 10 picks from this year's upcoming BBC Proms schedule
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.