Plagues, zombies, nukes, asteroids, giant mechanical Boris monsters: how would you like to see London destroyed?
Most weekends we run a reader-contributed short story set in London. We’ve had some excellent entries, from a phantom lion in Zone 3, to the woes of a cab driver, to a man with the entire tube network in his abdomen.
To spice things up a little, we’ve decided to run occasional themes for the series. The theme for the next month or two is ‘London Razed’. We’re looking for apocalyptic tales of the city’s demise.
Here are the rules:
1) Stories must be no more than 1,000 words.
2) Stories must be set in London, or heavily influenced by the city in some way.
3) We don’t just want an interesting scenario — the piece also has to be well written, with believable characters.
4) You can destroy modern London, retell one of its previous destructions, or look to a future catastrophe.
5) Send entries to email@example.com
6) You get to keep full copyright.
7) We’ll run the theme for a few weeks, but probably no later than early June, so get your story in ASAP for consideration.
We look forward to sharing your visions of doom.