Your Sunday morning best-of-Londonist weekly round-up.
- Banksy auction causes controversy.
- Heathrow gets a 77-tonne sculpture.
- The Gherkin enters receivership and might be sold. We look at some alternative uses for the building, which new owners might like to consider.
Best Pubs In London
We’re building a microsite of the best pubs in London (mostly as voted for by Londonist readers). We still have a few areas to explore, but do take a look through the guide so far, and let us know about any scandalous omissions.
- Watch our video of Mail Rail, London’s private tube line.
- Our A-Z pub crawl reaches its end with part Z. Last chance to vote for the best pub in Zone 1. (Or vote via Facebook.)
- London’s best lingerie shops.
- The lewd adventures of Sherlock Holmes.
- A beginner’s guide to north London cultural gems.
- London’s strangest new restaurants, including a placenta specialist.
- London’s best French restaurants, causing some contretemps.
- A superhero’s view of east London.
- Which US sitcoms have visited London, and what did they think of us?
- London’s biggest parties ever (includes dinosaurs).
- Londonist Out Loud explores foodie London.
- New restaurant Kurobuta, a Japanese gastropub near Marble Arch.
- Privacy at Donmar Warehouse might just use a photo of your house.
- The Silver Tassie: a surreal WWI drama at the National Theatre.
- Yellow Face at The Shed addresses racial divides.
- Free film screenings in Deptford, New Cross and Herne Hill.
- More free films, from 1999, at Genesis Cinema, Stepney.
- Try some science down the pub.
- Major exhibition of comics and graphic novels at the British Library.
- Get up on the roof of John Lewis, Oxford Street to celebrate the store’s 150th anniversary.
- Find out all the best shopping events and new pop-ups over the next month.
- Got some spare time over the Bank Holiday weekends? Write us a short story depicting London’s downfall.
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.