We're putting on a show and, as you'd expect, it's all about London. We've teamed up with UCL and the guys behind Science Showoff to present an evening of capital talks and trivia in which 10 performers have 9 minutes each to share their London passions.
London Showoff takes place at The Proud Archivist in Haggerston on 8 April. Here's the lineup so far:
- Steve Cross – compere, comedian and East London refuser.
- Matt Brown – editor of Londonist and trivia collector.
- Helen Zaltzman – broadcaster, podcaster and champion of Crystal Palace.
- Mark Mason – traveller, writer and the man who has walked every tube line.
- Fiona Jane Weston – singer, entertainer and musical history re-enacter.
- Lucy Inglis – historian, novelist and Georgian explorer.
- Gareth Rees – music fan, marsh wanderer and Hackney adventurer.
- Sarah Bell – engineer, sewer historian and raconteur.
- Ed Manley – data visualiser, mapper and comprehender of complex stuff.
- Lucy Scott – writer, editor and promoter of the outdoors.
Doors are at 7pm, and the gig should finish at 10pm. Tickets are £5 + 50p booking fee. All of the ticket money (except the booking fee) will be donated to the Shoreditch Trust who work to empower local communities to tackle local issues. Get your tickets here.