- Bidding war to build the Chiswick Octopus (pictured above), a giant office complex covered in digital advertising that would in no-way distract drivers on the M4.
- Met orders ban on paper shredding.
- TfL’s new website dissected.
- Posh car narrowly misses statue of Venezuelan revolutionary before falling into Fitzroy Square basement.
- Jo Brand opens a Streatham library, two years after describing the area as a shithole.
- Cumberbatch to play Hamlet at the Barbican. You could market this one in Comic Sans and it’d still be an immediate sell-out.
- Speaking of the Barbican, it’s joining forces with Museum of London to try and revamp the Square Mile as a cultural hub. More ‘side of the Bank’ than Bankside.
- Tortoises pilfered.
- Goats upgraded.
- Turtle ‘volatile’.
- Your help needed to improve the tube map.
- The New Rose pub on Essex Road has a no-nonsense web page.
- First Camden Council restricts busking, now the market’s got the heebie-jeebies about filming.
- Drawings of long-forgotten London.
Free & Cheap
Best Of London
© 2015 Londonist.
- Food & Drink
- Theatre & Arts
- Things To Do