- The Crossrail worker who died last week has been named as Slovakian national Rene Tkacik.
- Police officer who punched a shoplifter in the head is given a community order.
- Man dies after colliding with a bus outside Euston.
- Gang members committed 6,600 violent crimes in three years.
- There’ll be 6,000 electric car charging points in London by 2018, and hopefully a car sharing scheme to follow.
- What does a Health Secretary do when told plans to close a successful hospital to finance a failing one are illegal? Change the law.
Culture and Sport
- It’s been a record breaking year for the Museum of London.
- The Women’s Library has opened at its new LSE home.
- Get cycling: the Olympic Velodrome and BMX track have re-opened.
Hasn’t it been a lovely day? Photo of St Dunstan in the East by upthewoodenhill from the Londonist Flickr pool