- Fire Brigade Union blames Woolwich pensioner’s death on fire station closures.
- Another pensioner is fighting for his life after being hit by a car in Carshalton.
- Man arrested on suspicion of murder after discovery of 71 year old man’s body.
- West End shops warned not to become reliant on tourist spending.
- Christian Wolmar on driverless trains.
- Boris hasn’t ruled himself out of a 2015 Parliament return. Yadda yadda.
- Nigel Farage ‘felt awkward‘ on a train from Charing Cross to Kent because he couldn’t hear English being spoken. This happens to be one of Londonist’s regular trains and we have no idea what he’s talking about.
- Mostly smaller council homes have been sold under Right to Buy since 2010, meaning tenants affected by bedroom tax have fewer places to move to.
- Residents in Holland Park paid off so One Hyde Park developers can get the flats.
- Dave Hill on the pernicious practice of landbanking.
- A film will be shot in the House of Commons for the first time.
- Rupert Goold will direct a musical version of the film Made in Dagenham.
- Former Goldsmiths student Steve McQueen wins Best Picture at the Oscars.
- Campaign to save The George Tavern in Stepney.
Photo by missusdoubleyou from the Londonist Flickrpool