- Driver charged with causing the deaths of two cyclists in Purley.
- Arrests made over murder of vulnerable man in Greenford.
- 18 year old charged with murdering man found with stab wounds in a crashed car in Stockwell.
- The woman who died after her car was crushed during storms is named as minicab driver Julie Sillitoe.
- Disused water towers at the National Archives catch fire.
- Thames Barrier closed Saturday for a record 16th day in a row.
- Architect behind King’s Cross revamp brought in to work on west London Crossrail stations.
- The great London flood of 1928.
How They Do Road Safety Elsewhere
- Pedestrians account for 51% of London road fatalities, so we were interested in these articles:
- Toronto finds countdowns on crossings led to more car accidents.
- New York’s new mayor attempts to reduce traffic deaths by ticketing jaywalkers.
Done anything interesting this Valentine’s weekend? Photo by Theunis Viljoen from the Londonist Flickr pool