Vauxhall Village goes Valentine-y with another of its cinema pop-ups under the railway arches.
After summer screenings in the pleasure gardens and a Christmas season in December, comes four days of love between 13-16 February. Grab a champagne cocktail, lick up some chocolate fondue, pop on wireless headphones and snuggle under blankets (it’s heated but there’s only so warm you can get a railway arch in February) before enjoying:
- 13 February 7.30pm: Annie Hall (er, it’s probably fair at this point to mention recent resurfacing of child abuse allegations against Woody Allen, given related internets discussion about whether it’s possible to separate art from life)
- 14 February 7.30pm: the Baz Luhrmann Romeo + Juliet
- 15 February 2pm: Wes Anderson’s Moonrise Kingdom
- 15 February 4.30pm: Lost in Translation (since we mentioned Woody Allen… er, Scarlett Johansson. God it’s like nobody can worship celebrities any more)
- 15 February 7.30pm: the simply glorious Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
- 16 February 2pm: Brief Encounter
- 16 February 4.30pm: Breakfast at Tiffany’s
- 16 February 7.30pm: stone cold classic Casablanca
Tickets cost £7.50 (plus 75p booking fee if bought in advance) with profits going to homelessness charity Thames Reach.