- A fault under a manhole cover caused an explosion in Caledonian Road this morning.
- Ed Miliband on London’s housing crisis, including building new towns.
- Three teenagers held after a stallholder was stabbed in Upton Park.
- Firefighters rescue a woman just before the ceiling collapses.
- Campaign to save the The George Tavern in Stepney from property developers.
- National Grid is building two massive tunnels to help power London for the next century.
- Fulham: you’re getting a new 65 seat theatre next month.
- There’s a giant hedgehog sculpture on Clapham Common.
- An average four bus drivers a day are attacked in London.
- Shadow Infrastructure Minister, and possible mayoral candidate, Andrew Adonis is spending all week riding London’s buses. (Nerd note: it’s the 208 he wants from Orpington to Lewisham, not the 282.)
- Routemasters might be going on route 9, but TfL’s head of buses is trying to keep them on route 15.
- Bob Crow says no to driverless trains on the tube.
- Major disruption on Thameslink because of flooding.
Photo by Andrew Smith from the Londonist Flickr pool