Your Sunday morning best-of-Londonist weekly round-up.
- The new Crystal Palace has been denied Lottery funding
- The inner London average rent is £1,500 per month (but there's a smidgen of good news too)
- London did well in the UK’s Top 50 Gastropubs 2014 awards
- Updates on the three men charged with taking food from a skip
- Would you use a part-time travelcard?
- Bedford to Brighton Thameslink service to be reduced by 50% from December
- What's happening with The Pinnacle/Helter Skelter skyscraper?
- London's ghost stations, mapped (again). Or the coffee tube map, if you'd prefer somewhere you can actually visit
- Spot the difference: photos of old and modern London side by side
- Here's a short but ship-shape video about Wapping's pirate history
- Stop for a tipple in one of these lovely but lesser-known hotel bars or one of the 10 best craft beer pubs in London
- Indian, Italian, Polish, Jamaican: the first in a mini-series on London's most authentic restaurants
- London's street nipples exposed. Snigger.
- We have some (entirely serious and creditable) suggestions on how to improve London's train network
- Artists explore the duplicity of the mirror image at Double Blind
- Fear and Loathing ... in the Waterloo Vaults
- New restaurant review: Trip Kitchen in Haggerston (we loved it)
- Downton Abbey meets X Factor at impressions show The Only Way is Downton
- Turner Prize winner Martin Creed asks what is art? at Hayward Gallery
- Impressive ensemble acting in The Robbers at New Diorama
Things to do
- It's the Super Bowl today. Here's where to watch it
- Party at a modern frost fair tomorrow (it has been 200 years since the last one)
- Phlegm has arrived in Shoreditch
- Valentine's Day ideas on London's South Bank for lovers and cynics
- Book ahead for London archaeology tours
- Save your pennies with ideas from our Free London map
- Londonist is celebrating year of the bus. Share your favourite bus spots then join us on the walk in April
For daily ideas of things to do in London, sign up to our morning email.