Part 'W' of our epic and alphabetic pub crawl round London.
For part 'W', we're spoilt for choice. Westminster, West End, Waterloo, Wimbledon, Walthamstow...any of these could have made for an interesting pub crawl. But we were ultimately tempted by Wandsworth. We know it contains some exceptional drinking dens, and want to explore them further.
As ever, we're looking for your opinions on the best pubs in the area, then we’ll organise a pub crawl around the top four.
Here’s how to play
- Let us know (in the comments below, on Facebook, or by tweeting #BestWandsworthPub) your favourite pubs in Wandsworth.
- What counts as Wandsworth is up to you…we're thinking more Wandsworth Town than the wider borough, but you can nominate places within a reasonable walk.
- We’ll tally up the votes in a few days and publish the results.
- We’ll then arrange a pub crawl around the most popular choices. You’re welcome to join us.
- By ‘pubs’, we’re using a shorthand — you can also vote for bars.
- You can nominate more than one place. All nominations count as one vote, whether you rank them or not. Likes on Facebook and retweets of someone else’s vote are also counted as new votes.
- Venues should be open to the public with no pre-booking, entry fee or membership required.
So, where shall we go?
- A = Angel
- B = Brixton
- C = City of London
- D = Dalston
- E = Euston
- F = Farringdon and Clerkenwell
- G = Greenwich
- H = Hampstead and Highgate
- I = Isle of Dogs
- J = St James’s and Mayfair
- K = Kennington and Oval
- L = Limehouse and Wapping
- M = Marylebone
- N = Notting Hill
- O = Old Street
- P = Peckham and Camberwell
- Q = Queen’s Park and Kilburn
- R = Richmond
- S = Stoke Newington
- T = Thames
- U = Unusual pubs
- V = Victoria (well, mostly Pimlico)
- W = Wandsworth
- X = ?
- Y = ?
- Z = ?
Get the Londonist Book of London Pub Crawls for less than the price of a pint. Ten original pub crawls, not published on the web.