London news and travel
- We're getting a £4(ish) cut in our council tax - does that make up for fare rises?
- From spring you'll be able to access the entire Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
- Where do the Oyster zone boundaries physically lie? We've mapped it.
- Libraries, archives and collections to quench your thirst for London knowledge.
- The final installation in our alphabetical guide to playing sport in London: X, Y and Z.
- Why is London called London?
- A truly superb video of London in 1927, recreated shot for shot in 2013.
- Sherlock fans: here's the real story of Leinster Gardens.
- Straightforward yoga? Pah! How about rocket/boxing/laughter/secret/antigravity yoga?
- The Victorian critics who hated Tower Bridge. "Ugliest public work", apparently. Bit harsh.
- Royal Opera's Manon sparkles like diamonds and champagne.
- Unmissable drama at Not I, Footfalls, Rockaby. If you missed out on tickets at Royal Court Theatre, it is transferring to the Duchess Theatre in early Feb.
- 10 top Chinese restaurants outside of Chinatown.
- Rita's Bar & Dining in Hackney deserves the attention it gets.
- A humorous and varied exhibition of artworks relating to the moon: Republic of the Moon at Bargehouse.
- London has a special connection with gin. This is where to drink it.
Things to do
- Another kind of London marathon: see an epic 50 hour improvisation show.
- Music lovers: our pick of gigs to see in London this week.
- Laugh yourself warm with the Phoenix Fringe Winter Weekender.
- Sherlock: The Pub Quiz. Tickets will sell fast.
- UnLondon festival celebrates the more unloved areas of the capital.
- Possibly the largest subterranean arts festival ever: Vault Festival 2014
For daily ideas of things to do in London, sign up to our morning email.