- Confusion over next year’s transport fares as Whitehall City Hall say different things about travelcards.
- Police and protesters clash at University of London Union.
- Cycle hire use is falling.
- London: a city of missed and fiddled targets, and our recycling’s a bit rubbish too.
- What are those buttons on the DLR for?
- A handy list of restaurants and cafes that open into the wee small hours. Plus, our favourite kebab shops, causing some controversy.
- And 10 sustainable restaurants in London that give a damn.
- London’s biggest balls, and best bells.
- Climbing the trees of London.
- Where to have a hangover in London.
- Tell us where to find the most unusual pubs in London, and we’ll organise a pub crawl round them.
- New exhibition shows photos of people looking at art.
- Jude Law as Henry V.
- Bernstein’s Candide: the best of all possible stagings.
- Best for kids: The Snowman at Peacock Theatre, and Father Christmas at Lyric Hammersmith.
- The Night Before Christmas “Just when you think there’s nothing left to do with the hackneyed tropes of the Christmas story, along comes a sly little fable like this”.
Things to do
- Visit Shuffle Festival in Mile End, blending science and art in a former hospital.
- Christmas shopping? How about these unusual maps of London?
- Plenty going on at the South Bank Winter festival.
- An architecture-themed river cruise from the people behind Open House.
- Pop-up Christmas cinema in Notting Hill.
- Browse our list of the best gigs this week.
- Listen to our podcast, Londonist Out Loud, this time behind the scenes at the Tower of London.
For daily ideas of things to do in London, sign up to our morning email.