Image: A Greenwich sunset by Andy Kirby in the Londonist Flickr pool.
- Two shop workers shot during attempted robbery in Plaistow.
- Man admits defacing RAF Bomber Command memorial.
- Avoid London, visit Birmingham instead, New York Magazine tells readers.
- Streatham council asked to fund 300 new trees.
- Orpington trick-or-treaters given a lamb’s heart by bloody butcher-woman brandishing a fake knife.
- RMT to ballot tube maintenance workers for strike.
- Behind the depot scenes with London Transport Museum this weekend.
- Animation of £500K flats sold by location and time.
- Dave Hill reckons that backers of Earl’s Court housing project ‘have gone to striking lengths to control and limit media attention’.
- Croydon’s David Lean Cinema could reopen.
- The incredible roll-call of musicians who’ve lived in Kilburn and West Hampstead.
- The Gentle Author’s dead pubs crawl.
- The history of Bunhill Fields.
- London gets more public arts spending than anywhere else in Britain.