Part 'S' of our two-year mission to alphabetically visit London's best pubs.
For the 19th pub crawl in our alphabetical series, we had plenty of options. Southwark would have offered a happy hunting ground, Shoreditch and Spitalfields likewise. Then there's Smithfield, South Ken and, of course, Soho. But we thought we'd head a little further out and explore the drinking dens of Stoke Newington. So tell us your favourite drinking establishments in the area, and we'll arrange a pub crawl around the top four.
Here’s how to play
- Let us know (in the comments below, on Facebook, or by tweeting #bestStokeyPub) your favourite pubs in the area.
- We’ll tally up the votes in a few days and publish the results.
- We’ll then arrange a pub crawl around the most popular choices. You’re welcome to join us.
- The definition of what counts as Stoke Newington is up to you.
- By ‘pubs’, we’re using a shorthand — you can also vote for bars.
- You can nominate more than one place. All nominations count as one vote, whether you rank them or not. Likes on Facebook and retweets of someone else’s vote are also counted as new votes.
- Venues should be open to the public with no pre-booking, entry fee or membership required.
So, where shall we go?
- A = Angel
- B = Brixton
- C = City of London
- D = Dalston
- E = Euston
- F = Farringdon and Clerkenwell
- G = Greenwich
- H = Hampstead and Highgate
- I = Isle of Dogs
- J = St James’s and Mayfair
- K = Kennington and Oval
- L = Limehouse and Wapping
- M = Marylebone
- N = Notting Hill
- O = Old Street
- P = Peckham and Camberwell
- Q = Queen’s Park and Kilburn
- R = Richmond
- S = Stoke Newington
Get the Londonist Book of London Pub Crawls for less than the price of a pint. Ten pub crawls you'll only find in this e-book.
Browse our map of pubs with good beer gardens.