Part ‘T’ of our two-year mission to alphabetically visit London’s best pubs.
UPDATE: We now have the results of this poll. See here for the winners.
For the 20th pub crawl in our series, we’re looking for the best bars and pubs along the river. Perhaps you favour the leafy locals upstream in Twickenham, Hammersmith or Putney. Maybe you prefer one of the many Thames-side pubs in central London. Or you might be more inclined to pick boozers downriver in Rotherhithe, Greenwich or the Isle of Dogs. Or you can, of course, vote for several different pubs. OK, so we really should have done this one at the height of summer, but the alphabet didn’t agree with us.
So tell us your favourite drinking establishments along the river, and we’ll arrange a pub crawl around the top few (on a weekend, as it’ll probably require a bit of travelling).
Here’s how to play
- Let us know (in the comments below, on Facebook, or by tweeting #BestThamesPub) your favourite pubs along the river.
- We’ll tally up the votes in a few days and publish the results.
- We’ll then arrange a pub crawl around the most popular choices. You’re welcome to join us.
- Pubs can be on the banks of the river or, indeed, floating on the river. But they must be within the London boundary.
- By ‘pubs’, we’re using a shorthand — you can also vote for bars.
- You can nominate more than one place. All nominations count as one vote, whether you rank them or not. Likes on Facebook and retweets of someone else’s vote are also counted as new votes.
- Venues should be open to the public with no pre-booking, entry fee or membership required.
So, where shall we go?
- A = Angel
- B = Brixton
- C = City of London
- D = Dalston
- E = Euston
- F = Farringdon and Clerkenwell
- G = Greenwich
- H = Hampstead and Highgate
- I = Isle of Dogs
- J = St James’s and Mayfair
- K = Kennington and Oval
- L = Limehouse and Wapping
- M = Marylebone
- N = Notting Hill
- O = Old Street
- P = Peckham and Camberwell
- Q = Queen’s Park and Kilburn
- R = Richmond
- S = Stoke Newington
- T = Thames
Get the Londonist Book of London Pub Crawls for less than the price of a pint. Ten pub crawls you’ll only find in this e-book.
Browse our map of pubs with good beer gardens.