This is a sponsored article on behalf of the Museum of London.
Release The Sparkles: Visit The Cheapside Hoard After Dark
Jewellery lovers, London history fans and magpies listen up closely. If you’re a fan of all things shiny then make sure you don’t miss the Museum of London’s All that glitters @ late on Thursday 17 October.
A sparkling night of jewellery, gemstones, workshops, talks, live music and performances, All that glitters @ late provides visitors with an insight into the world of Elizabethan and Jacobean chic, inspired by the Museum of London’s latest exhibition — The Cheapside Hoard: London’s Lost Jewels.
The Cheapside Hoard: London’s Lost Jewels is a staggering display of late 16th and early 17th century jewels and gemstones that were discovered, by chance, in a cellar on Cheapside in 1912. Now, London’s original ‘hidden gems’ have been brought back together to be exhibited in their entirety for the very first time.
Enjoy the stunning galleries by twilight, plus a multitude of one-off highlights such as:
- Talks exploring the magic and meaning of jewellery, led by exhibition curator, Hazel Forsyth.
- Special sessions with The Gemmological Association of Great Britain — diagnose diamond cuts, discover replicas of famous diamond and find out what makes and breaks the rocks you wear.
- Try on period costume pieces with hands-on demos from Morley College.
- Workshops from creative outfit HurdyGurdy, where you can create your own bespoke jewellery.
- Costumier and Stage Combat duo Shoni and Rob take you on a journey through how clothing shaped the mind and manners of Elizabethan aristocracy.
- Learn the purity of your own jewellery with The Goldsmiths’ Company.
- Live, jewellery-inspired music from BeauBowBelles and art collective Artful Badger.
- Strike a pose in a special photo booth and share your photos of the night.
- After all that, grab a drink and soak up the atmosphere in one of the late night bars located on every floor.
All that glitters @ late takes place on Thursday 17 October 7-10pm. Tickets cost £15/£11.50 for a combined exhibition and late event ticket, or £10/£8.50 for the late event only. Book online via the Museum of London website or the Box Office on 020 7001 9844. Keep up to date with the Museum of London via their website, Twitter, or Facebook page.
Last Updated 16 July 2015