- Hammersmith & Fulham starts trials of universal credit.
- Investigators call for duck boat sailings to be banned until problems are sorted.
- Jury selection begins in Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson trial.
- Three-quarters of London students don’t have places in halls of residence.
- Gay Hussar restaurant to be sold.
- Old Street’s giant beach ball falls victim to the storm.
- Plans to centralise treatment for cardiac patients at St Barts and certain cancers at UCL.
- Court hears government appeal against decision that closing Lewisham A&E is unlawful.
Another tree down, this time at Beverley Brook in Putney. Photo by Maggie Jones from the Londonist Flickr pool