- Teachers have been striking.
- A convicted murderer is on the run after escaping from a mental health centre.
- Calls for a pan-London strategy for rough sleeping.
- Anti-racism campaigner and immigration advisor received Home Office ‘go home‘ texts.
- Working households claiming housing benefit for private sector rent could outnumber those in which nobody works by Christmas.
- Dave Hill on the Royal Albert Dock Asian business park.
- Royal christening next week. Buckle in for baby fever.
- More on TfL’s ticket office closure plans.
- Gatwick boss says Boris’s hopes for an estuary airport are sinking.
- Meanwhile, in China, Boris insists Britain needs a new multi-runway airport.
Odds and Ends
- Five unusual London objects.
- Photos of historical east London.
- Is there a wallaby on Hampstead Heath?
Phoo by WE88O from the Londonist Flickr pool