Image of the day: Low Tide by Andy Kirby in the Londonist Flickr pool.
- Murder enquiry opens as a man is found dead in an Islington house.
- Man jailed over murder of neighbour during a drainage row.
- Crime gangs are turning to antique weapons following a crack-down on suppliers.
- Travellers accused of dumping tons of rubbish on Putney Heath.
- Starbucks and Bea’s of Bloomsbury in bunfight over duffins.
- Apparently, even mid-ranking bankers can’t afford to buy property in London.
- Overseas investors buy around half of all £1 million+ properties in inner London.
- Cabbies upset over licence delays.
- Government limits rail fare rises for commuters.
- The first Crossrail tunnel, from Royal Oak to Farringdon, is now fully bored. A time capsule competition is launched.
- Potential high-rise building to go on top of Southwark Station.