The BFI London Film Festival might be over for another year, but the endless, wonderful carnival of local film festivals carries on as ever. From Saturday 26 October, it’s the turn of Crystal Palace to fire up the projectors and show off a fine programme of moving pictures.
Now in its fourth year, the Crystal Palace International Film Festival offers two weeks of quality film screenings. The backbone of the programme is represented by five big screen events in St John the Evangelist church on Auckland Road, with all events starting at 7.45pm.
- Short Film and Curry Night, 26 October. A series of short films from around the world, accompanied by curry dishes from local restaurant Yak & Yeti. £17, including food
- Halloween Feature Film: The Last Night, 31 October. The main feature puts seven strangers in an abandoned hospital following an apocalyptic event, plus short film Driftwood, and food from Comfort & Joy. £2
- Halloween Horror/Sci-Fi Night, 2 November. 10 short films from across the two genres, plus nibbles and booze. £10
- Animation Night, 7 November. 17 short animation films with more food from Comfort & Joy. £5
- Comedy Shorts and Awards Night, 9 November. Mark Steel hosts an evening of hilarious films, with awards for merit. £18
And those are just the biggies. Check out the full programme for more events, many of them free.
Crystal Palace International Film Festival, 26 October-9 November.