Crime and policing
- A police officer is critically ill after a hit-and-run in Sutton.
- 15 months in the slammer for man who inappropriately touched women on the tube.
- Rape reporting up 25%.
- Man in court accused of trying to shag a sheep.
- Average London rent hits £1,126.
- Emails sent in support of turning Kensal Rise Library into flats are apparently fakes.
- Commenting on Darren Johnson’s affordable housing report, Inside Housing writer says: “in effect, the new build market in London is now a highly successful export market“.
- Shadow London Minister Sadiq Khan has an in-depth chat with Dave Hill.
- Councils warn Boris over cuts to the roads budget.
- London City Airport‘s infrastructure expansion plans.
- Victoria Line tube drivers plan to strike Tuesday night.
- Ian Visits rounds up London’s railway news.
- Leyton Orient feels the Olympic Stadium decision is an “injustice”.
- Dulwich Hamlet’s Champion Hill is first football ground in London to be listed as an Asset of Community Value.
- The musical history of West Hampstead and Kilburn.
- Zoological Society of London Photography prize winners.
Sunset over Albert Bridge by Mike T from the Londonist Flickr pool