- UCL and Imperial College are among the world’s top five universities.
- Returning West End show Miss Saigon takes £4.4 million on first day of ticket sales.
- Chelsea’s Frank Lampard to get his 100th cap tonight.
- The National Trust will run tours of the Big Brother house (just north of London in Borehamwood)
- One Hyde Park, the iconically expensive block of flats in Knightsbridge, suffers its first repossession.
- Meanwhile, a South Ken mansion goes on sale for £105 million. It has seven reception rooms — perfect for those everyday situations where you need to receive seven groups of people simultaneously, but in different rooms.
- Three Royal Navy warships are currently mooching about in Docklands for an arms fair.
- London’s ethnicities mapped.
- We’re all eating out more, apparently.
Image by Dragana Puvacic in the Londonist Flickr pool.