Picture: This bunch of wax dummies has taken up “permanent” residence at Madame Tussauds. We think we just found a use for the super-hot melting powers of the Walkie Talkie skyscraper.
In more important news:
- A teenager has died after a fight at a party in Bromley.
- Bring back the Shrewsbury rail link, asks petition.
- Covent Garden was evacuated because of a fire yesterday.
- Home worth more than £1.2 million? If prices keep rising at current rate, you could be paying £2,000 a month in ‘mansion tax’ in a decade.
- The rise of London housing developments by supermarkets.
- More needs to be done for injured cyclists and their families, says girlfriend of one recent victim.
- London voted top European city, and Paris might just be London’s most affordable suburb.
- A roundup of new restaurant and bar openings.
- Guildhall Library has put together a really neat Pinterest board about the Great Plague.
- It’s now possible to wander round East Village (formerly the Athletes’ Village), finds Diamond Geezer.