The Scoop is a 1,000-seat open-air amphitheatre next to City Hall. Over the summer, it’s been putting on a programme of free arts and entertainment. With the encroachment of autumn, it will become an outdoor cinema for the More London Free Film Festival.
It’s a reasonably eclectic line-up with huge blockbusters like Skyfall and Back to the Future to Oscar-winning art-house film Amour. Here’s the full schedule, with all films screening from 7.30pm. It’s all free — just turn up on the day on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Wed 11 September: Skyfall
- Thur 12 September: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
- Fri 13 September: Frankenweenie
- Wed 18 September: Back to the Future
- Thur 19 September: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- Fri 20 September: Les Miserables
- Wed 25 September: Amour
- Thur 26 September: The Birds
- Fri 27 September: Grease
The Scoop, More London, next to City Hall on the riverside walk near Tower Bridge.
Image: The Scoop, by MurphyZ in the Londonist Flickr pool.