Part ‘P’ of our two year mission to visit the best London pubs, alphabetically.
This month, we’re heading a little further out of the centre than usual, with a pub crawl round Peckham and Camberwell. But which are the best pubs and bars? As ever, the definition of the area is up to you, so long as the venue is in reasonable pub-crawling distance.
Here’s how to play:
- Let us know (in the comments below, on Facebook, or by tweeting #bestPeckhamPub) your favourite pubs in the area.
- We’ll tally up the votes in a couple of days and publish the results.
- We’ll then arrange a pub crawl around the four most popular choices. You’re welcome to join us.
- As mentioned above, the definition of what counts as Peckham/Camberwell is up to you.
- By ‘pubs’, we’re using a shorthand — you can also vote for bars.
- You can nominate more than one place. All nominations count as one vote, whether you rank them or not. Likes on Facebook and retweets of someone else’s vote are also counted as new votes.
- Venues should be open to the public with no pre-booking, entry fee or membership required.
So, where shall we go?
- A = Angel
- B = Brixton
- C = City of London
- D = Dalston
- E = Euston
- F = Farringdon and Clerkenwell
- G = Greenwich
- H = Hampstead and Highgate
- I = Isle of Dogs
- J = St James’s and Mayfair
- K = Kennington and Oval
- L = Limehouse and Wapping
- M = Marylebone
- N = Notting Hill
- O = Old Street
- P = Peckham and Camberwell
Get the Londonist Book of London Pub Crawls for less than the price of a pint.