- The leader of Kingston Borough Council has resigned following his arrest on suspicion of possessing child porn.
- A portrait of the Queen in Westminster Abbey is vandalised with spray paint.
- A second man is charged in connection with the Selfridges smash and grab raid.
- Looks like Tubby Isaac’s jellied eel stall in Whitechapel is closing forever after almost 100 years.
- Royal Brompton hospital closure suspended.
- Hammersmith Flyover needs more work.
- Olympic legacy questioned as many get bored with sports.
- Search for a poet laureate for the Olympic Park.
- A tap-dancing flashmob in Richmond.
- Let’s have fox hunting in London, says Boris Johnson, who was recently tempted to go out and “blaze away” with his air rifle. WTF?
- Temperatures could reach 30°C next week.
- Ticket Alert: Editors’ Village Underground gig on 1 July…ticket ballot closes midday tomorrow.
Art & Photography
© 2014 Londonist.