- 4,500 jobs will be created as iCITY gets to run the the Olympic Park’s Press and Broadcast Centre.
- Doubts over economic benefits of HS2.
- There’ll be a big reading festival (as opposed to Reading Festival) in Trafalgar Square this summer.
- Cuts to London’s fire service will hit Camden hardest.
- Pinewood Studios won’t be expanding any time soon.
- Wired pays a visit to Bitcoin in London.
- Shaftesbury Avenue is getting a new temporary performance space.
- Freed in Hackney still make pointe shoes for the world’s leading ballerinas.
- Worries that 4G would scramble the capital’s Freeview boxes are unfounded.
- UK Uncut has lost its legal challenge over Goldman Sachs.
- Newham and Havering won’t be getting free wifi.
- The Guardian has a couple of housing articles: on raising money to build and renting on low incomes.
- Kensington Roof Gardens now belongs to the Germans says the ES, in apparent 1939 flashback.
Art & Photography
© 2015 Londonist.
- Food & Drink
- Theatre & Arts
- Things To Do